Selling Rare and First Edition Books To Us
This page provides information on selling rare and first edition books to Peter Harrington. (What is a first edition?)
At Peter Harrington we are always interested in acquiring rare books and first editions of comparable quality to the ones we list on our website.
We also buy collections and whole libraries.
We offer extremely competitive prices and pay promptly.
We can pay in pounds, US dollars or Euro, and, for higher value items, arrange collection anywhere in the world.
We will not pay for books until we have examined them.
We require a valid form of ID and proof of address to proceed with payment.
Please complete our contact form below, if we are interested someone will contact you.
Watch our Video
We are interested to hear from you if you are thinking about selling the following:
- Evelyn Waugh (Books in dust jackets and/or inscribed copies)
- Ian Fleming (Books in dust jackets, James Bond first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- Graham Greene (Books in dust jackets, first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- George Orwell (Books in dust jackets, first editions and/or inscribed copies)
- John Keats (First editions or attractively leather bound 19th century editions)
- Roald Dahl (signed or inscribed first editions)
In every case, we need to know:
- The author’s name
- The title exactly as it appears on the printed title-page (inside the book, not on the front cover)
- Edition number if stated
- The place of publication, name of the publisher, and date if any
- The binding (leather, boards, cloth, dust jacket, etc.)
- Any major defects (torn leaves, stains, broken joints, etc.)
We will need to see at least two photographs of each item: the printed title page and the binding. We will also want to see any inscriptions or book plates, and any areas of obvious damage. Please don’t crop the pictures – we need to see the edges.
We regret we cannot offer valuations by email. We cannot value large collections of books, though we are interested in buying them.
Due to the high volume of emails we receive each day, we cannot always reply to every offer. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you can assume we are not interested in purchasing your book. We will always respond by email.